Moving on a Budget
SUGGESTIONS FOR HOW YOU CAN CUT COSTS AND RELOCATE YOUR HOME OR OFFICE MORE SUCCESSFULLY.
- Determine your budget. You’ll need a reasonable budget for your home relocation or office relocation, which will vary according to the size of your move and how far you are moving. Ask your friends about what they would prepare when they are moving. Use our online quick quote to get you started.
- Book your move in advance. Generally, you’ll receive better pricing if you book farther in advance. Ask about promotions or if there are less expensive days to move. Generally, week days and off-peak days will be at a lower rate and less busy if that’s an option for you.
- Order Christchurch Removals packing supplies in advance. We offer packing supplies on our website with free shipping to save you money. This will save you money on gas too since you won’t be driving around seeking supplies. You might also want to stop by the grocery store for scrap boxes. These aren’t the best for keeping your precious items safe, but they come in handy for extra items you didn’t consider or as packing material for strange- shaped items.
- Invite friends and family over to help you pack and /or unpack. This is a good time to get together since you are moving, and you are very busy with moving arrangements and final details. Christchurch Removals also offers packing services. If you need assistance packing or unpacking, we are glad to help. If it’s light packing, we might even be able to do it on the same day as your move.
- Prepare your furniture for transit before the movers arrive. Our movers are professionals. If we see something that requires more attentive protection, we’ll take the initiative and fortify the bubble wrap on table corners for example. Anything you can do to prepare for the arrival of your movers will speed things up and save you money.
- Plan the placement of your furniture before the moving day. A lot of time can be lost with difficult to move items. If your movers have trouble taking a large couch downstairs for example, they may have to find an alternate route. Measure furniture and door frames to verify that furniture will fit in your new location and think about where you’d like it to go.
- Map the route for our movers. Suggesting the best route for our movers to drive to the new location can increase efficiency. Avoid traffic and roads that are difficult for trucks to maneuver. Make sure that our movers also know the best way to access your new location with your belongings in tow.
WE HOPE THESE MOVING TIPS ARE HELPFUL. THANKS FOR VIEWING!